Infinity promises to keep your personal information safe and confidential. We never ask for information that we don't need, nor do we share your information with any other companies or organizations without your permission. We collect information from you for one reason only: to provide top-notch, on-demand services and accurate insurance quotes.
- We gather the information we receive from you and consumer reporting agencies.
- We use your information only to conduct business with you.
- We do not sell your information. We will not share your information with any other company or organization for marketing/advertising purposes.
- We keep your information safeguarded and confidential.
- We have website protection provided by Equifax®, a leading Internet security provider.
How the information you provide WILL be used:
- We will view your credit history, which will NOT affect your credit score.
- We will view your driving history.
- We will view your past insurance history, as well as your claims history.
- We will access general consumer reporting data to retrieve your address, vehicle types, and household driver information.
If permitted, we will use your information to notify you of any issues concerning your auto insurance policy and/or quote. For example:
- If you have a late payment.
- If you're due for a renewal.
- If you have a saved quote that is going to expire soon.
- If you requested Infinity to remind you about your quote later.
How the information you provide WILL NOT be used:
- We will not share your information with telemarketing agencies or market research firms.
- We will not share your information with other insurance companies.
- We will not share your information with auto product/service companies.
What Information does Infinity collect?
Application Information: This is information you provide us through your agent, by phone, and/or online. We may also obtain it through directories or other consumer reporting agencies. This information includes your name, address, phone number, driver's license number, social security number, date of birth, email address, gender, marital status, whether or not there's a homeowner on the policy, vehicle information, and other driver information.
Consumer Report Information: This information is obtained through consumer reporting agencies. It includes your driving record, claims history with other insurers, and credit history information. Your information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and they distribute your information and records to other parties, in compliance with all consumer reporting laws. This information will NOT be shared with Infinity employees who are not involved with your transaction processes, claims services, or customer service inquiries.
Contractual Information: This is information needed throughout the transaction and purchase process. It includes your payment information, including your method of payment (i.e. credit/debit card number or bank account number), billing information, your chosen insurance package, including coverage, limits, and your premium.
Website Transactions: Infinity may store "cookies" on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are saved to web browsers that contain information that websites use to identify users.
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, your cookies are kept as individual files in a folder named "Cookies", often found in the "Documents and Settings" folder. If you use Mozilla Firefox, your cookies are stored in a text file named "Cookies," often found in the "Firefox/Profiles" folder.
Who can get my information from you?
Disclosures: The giving out of information which might commonly be kept secret, usually voluntarily or to be in compliance with legal regulations or workplace rules.
Disclosures might include:
- Those that are required to provide insurance claims/customer service
- Those intended to prevent fraud
- Those necessary to comply with the law
Recipients could include:
- Infinity's family of insurance companies
- Claims representatives
- Infinity service providers and vendors
- Insurance agents and brokers
- Consumer reporting agencies, including credit reporting
- Law enforcement agencies in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- State motor vehicle department
- Medical professionals or institutions to verify coverage or conduct operations or service audits
- U.S. government agencies if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order
- Mechanics, repair shops or other claims vendors.
- We will share information about you ONLY AS PERMITTED BY LAW
- We will NOT share your personal information with any other companies without your consent
A Message from Infinity
Change/View Information Request
If you think any of the information we have about you is incorrect, please contact ChoicePoint at 1-877-547-2518 during the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time or visit them at www.choicepoint.com. If you believe any accidents and/or violations listed on your record are incorrect, contact your state's Department of Motor Vehicles or go to www.dmv.org to find the office closest to you.